Virginia’s fresh faced makeup routine
I get asked about my makeup and skincare routine on Instagram often, so I’m taking time over the next few weeks to document my staples. I’m very much “less is more” in the makeup department. I promise it never takes me longer than 5 minutes from start to finish to do my makeup, probably less. So you will never find me putting on eyeliner/heavy eyeshadow unless its a very special occasion, and sculpting anything is definitely not happening. My opinion is that makeup should enhance your face, but too heavy-handed of an application only ages you. Let’s not even get started on the caterpillar brow movement sweeping across Instagram. First, it was the spider eyelashes and now we’ve moved on to the caterpillar eyebrows. LOL, If you know you know, so again enhance don’t recreate.
As much as I’m not a big makeup person, I have done a lot of research on different brands and these are my favorites.
Here is my routine on the daily, I’ve linked the pictures of products if you would like to learn more:
- After a good hydrating day lotion I apply Revision Intellishade Original SPF 45. Some days I mix in a small amount of the By Terry Gem Glow brightening CC Cream for an extra glow. Some days I wear them together, some days alone, they always give me that perfect “fresh-faced” look. I’ve tried almost every foundation out there and I’ve never found any that tops the intellishade, but again remember I like a very natural look.
- For years I would never even look at powder, until one day I was walking by the Laura Mercier counter when I got a glance of myself looking very washed out, and decided to try a little bronze powder. This is when I found the perfect LOW KEY bronzer, the matte radiance baked powder by Laura Mercier in 02 Bronze. I love it because its hard to overdo it.
- For the eyes, I apply either Laura Mercier matte caviar stick in au naturel or Clé de Peau Beauté cream color eyeshadow. If I need a little more of a dramatic eye for night outs, I’ll layer over one of these. My go-to at night is usually one of the beautiful Chantecaille compacts.
- My number one concern has and will always be my dark circles, it’s hereditary and the skin under my eyes is thin which doesn’t help. The under eyes are a very delicate area and too much concealer looks cakey fairly easy. Right now I’m using the By Terry Densiliss Concealer which is both an eye serum and a concealer in one. It’s very hydrating which I love and perfect for layering.
- Due to my dark circles, I have to go with a mascara that doesn’t smear. My go to is the Trish McEvoy High Volume. It forms a coating around the lashes, dries instantly and doesn’t smudge or smear. I also like the glossier one for a less expensive option, and its the same concept with fibers around your eyelashes.
- For my lips, I usually always wear a neutral gloss. My favorite is the Smith & Cult ones, but I also wear the Glossier sheer matte lipstick. And have you tried their clear gloss? love it.