Chicken Carnitas (shredded chicken taco)
Another yummy recipe collaboration with Natalie Gravois from @guacmylife and Health Edit Approved.
You will need:
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1⁄2 cup chicken or bone broth
2 cups Trader Joe’s frozen fire roasted bell peppers and onion (or about 2 cups of mixed peppers sautéed with avocado oil spray)
Cassava Coconut Siete tortillas (or corn tortillas)
Salsa (no sugar added)
1 Jalapeno de-seeded and diced
Salt and pepper to taste
1⁄2 tsp cumin
1⁄2 tsp garlic
avocado oil spray
1. If you have an InstaPot,you could make the chicken is less than 10 minutes! If you do not, you can use a crockpot, bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes or simply purchase a rotisserie chicken and debone it. Totally up to you! We used the InstaPot. We used the InstaPot. Seasoned your chicken and sear it for 1 minute on both sides inside the InstaPot. Add your broth and close the lid and continue to cook for 5-6 minutes.
* Since making this recipe I’ve found that frozen chicken does best in the InstaPot. Just add 1/3 cup lemon juice, 1/3 cup olive oil, oregano, salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder in with the chicken breast and cook for 32 – 35 mins.
2. Once your chicken is cooked all the way through, you can take 2 forks and shred it and set aside.
3. Sauté your bell peppers in avocado oil spray or you can follow the directions on your Trader Joes fire roasted peppers to get them ready.
4. On a hot skillet, heat up your tortillas on both sides. If you’re using Siete tortillas like we did, you can let them cook a little longer. This will allow you to fold them over while they cool to create a crunchy taco!
5. Now take your tacos and fill them with the chicken, peppers, salsa, cilantro and jalapeños! Enjoy!